Whether you’ve already booked your Paris photo shoot or are still on the lookout for the perfect Paris photographer, this page is where you’ll find the information you absolutely need to confidently prepare even before you arrive in Paris.
Our goal is to inspire a Paris photo session you’ll totally fall in love with, and sensitize you to important decisions you’ll have to make along the way to ensure optimal fun and flow.
Above all, we want you to enjoy the City of Lights in all its splendor and come away with photos you’ll love for a lifetime.
We’ve spoken with countless happy couples about their Paris photo sessions and—based on their feedback—outlined a proven 4-step process to help you ace your own Paris photo shoot.
Step 1—book your Paris photo shoot as soon as possible
Booking your Paris photo shoot with us is simple:
- browse our photo galleries to ensure you understand and love our style and have a good idea of what to expect
- check the availability for your preferred date(s) and starting time; our calendar fills up quickly all year around and we book on a first-come-first-serve basis
- make things official with a simple contract and 50% retainer
- get connected with your photographer and receive a summary of your Paris photo shoot details, including meeting point, starting time, hours of coverage, the contact information of your photographer, and more
Step 2: prepare for your Paris photo shoot like a Pro
A brilliant Paris photo shoot can and should be prepared for.
In fact, the amount of fun, natural flow, and stunning photographs you should expect is often directly related to the time you invest into your preparations … and how well you communicate with your photographer before the shoot.
This 30-minute video is only for serious couples who want to optimally prepare for the most stunning Paris photos possible. Find out our favorite locations and which props, outfits, and poses we recommend for the best results. You’ll also learn priceless tips on how to perfect your kiss, poses, and fun factor.
When you work with Kiss Me in Paris, your expectations should be sky-high … we love what we do, and really care about your experience. That’s why we encourage you to consider the following 6 essential elements of Paris photo shoot preparation.
What’s the best time of the day to do my Paris photo shoot?
The simple answer is that the best time for your Paris photo shoot is when you feel most energized and happy. Factors such as biorhythm, jet lag, and a host of other factors can make a difference.
That said, our favorite times of the day are sunrise and evening, including twilight, the magical Blue Hour, and nighttime … and here’s why:
Sunrise photo sessions—the Golden Hour
The time when the sun slowly appears above the horizon in the morning: dawn or daybreak
- only time of the day to get photos at your favorite Parisian backdrops without distracting tourists
- flattering lighting conditions
- great opportunity for silhouettes
- more privacy
- cons: get up early, which means less sleep … especially when you still want to commission beauty services (note: since sunrise is our most requested time slot, we require a minimum booking of 2 hours)
Evening (twilight) photo sessions—the Blue Hour
The period when the day is ending and the night is beginning
- the most magically romantic time of the day for photos in Paris
- soft, flattering light ensures no squinting in photos, no blown out shadow details in your outfits, and no distracting shadows
- priceless opportunity to get both daylight and nighttime photos within a single hour
- later starting time means you have the opportunity to commission professional beauty services
- cons: time-slots fill up quickly since twilight is our second most popular time of the day and set-ups can take a little longer (note: we require an associate to help with lighting and to protect your belongings from theft; add Euro 100/hour)
Evening (nighttime) photo sessions
Paris in the evening is enchanting … and Paris after midnight is magic. — Woody Allen
- the time of the day when Paris feels most alive and fun
- brilliant privacy in many locations
- best opportunity for Champagne shots (our specialty!)
- later starting time means you have the opportunity to commission professional beauty services
- cons: less net photography coverage since we need to control lighting; (note: we require an associate to help with lighting and to protect your belongings from theft; add Euro 100/hour)
What locations do you recommend for my Paris photo shoot?
Let’s get the obvious out of the way: you’re in Paris and the Eiffel Tower just so happens to the be most iconic and instantly recognizable structure on the planet. So unless you consider it to cliché, we recommend that you make the Eiffel Tower one of your top priorities.
Your choice of locations—the spots where you and your partner will have your pictures taken—extends to every other element of your Paris photo shoot, including logistics, privacy, and energy.
In turn, the combination of your locations will determine the variety of your gallery, the fun-factor, and how you’ll remember your time in Paris.
Our favorite locations depend a little on the time of the day and the temperament of the couple, but here are a few popular spots to consider:
- Eiffel Tower (Trocadéro, Carousel, Champ de Mars)
- Bir-Hakeim Bridge
- Louvre Museum (Pyramids, courtyard)
- Tuileries Gardens
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- The Seine River
- Alexander III Bridge
- Montmartre (Sacré-Coeur)
- Moulin Rouge
- Cafés (Carette, Angelina, Cafe Louise, and a million others)
There are many more great locations of course, and keep in mind that some of your favorite photos may come from locations in between your primary locations.
Logistics—how to get around Paris during our photo shoot?
Getting around any city with a good transportation infrastructure (like what you’ll find in Paris) is not difficult. Yet, when it comes to getting around quickly and comfortably during your photo shoot, time is indeed money and some ways of getting around simply trump others.
Net photography coverage is the metric you should obsess about: at Kiss Me in Paris, we like to emphasize net photography coverage, which is about
- getting you and your loved one from one location to the next while minimizing commute time and fatigue; and
- maximizing fun and amazing photos
Fortunately, Paris is quite pedestrian-friendly … so one of our preferred methods of getting around is by foot.
Yet, some locations are simply geographically too far apart to walk, and here’s where we recommend calling an UBER Paris or flagging down a taxi. Keep in mind that it can take several minutes for your Uber to arrive and either you or your photographer will need internet and the Uber app.
Attire & accessories—what should we wear for our Paris photo shoot?
When it comes to attire choices for your Paris photo shoot, there are no hard rules. It depends a little on you the couple, the nature of your photo session, and duration of commissioned photography coverage. It can be casual or formal or even a combination of both.
That said, here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- dress for how you’d like to be seen in your photos
- wear something that makes your feel comfortable and confident
- consider wearing layers on cold days
- bring a pair of flats or other comfy shoes to protect your feet as you move from one location to the next
- for perfect silhouette photos, dark, tightly-fitted outfits work best (avoid white)
- depending on the weather report, you may want to include a stylish umbrella
- we love bold color—especially reds and yellows—and style matters (hey ladies … this is your excuse to get that new pair of Louboutins 🙂
Which props work best for our Paris photo shoot?
Well, imagination has no limitations when it comes to props …
We favor the generous usage of creative props that are within character for you as a couple as long as they distract you from unwanted camera awareness while encouraging natural connection.
On the other hand, props that are not within character for you as a couple can actually distract you from believably connecting with your loved one and, by extension, diminish the fun and flow of your Paris photo shoot.
One of our all-time favorite props which almost always does the trick is Champagne. Hey, you’re in Paris after all, and there’s presumably a great reason to celebrate.
Another prop we just can’t get enough of is balloons. And in case you were wondering where to get those awesome over-sized (60 cm) balloons, we recommend Mille Fêtes.
The high and delicate art of connecting in front of the camera
Tired of formulaic, uninspiring kisses? Well, you’re not alone.
It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter [of the camera]. — Alfred Eisenstaedt
World-class photography is a two-way street between you and your photographer. When a couple is not comfortable or uneasy in any way, their personality, breathing, and ability to connect with one-another simply go away.
In fact, one reason discerning couples around the globe seek us out is because our photo sessions just feel more real.
Now, most of us are neither actors nor models, and simply do not have much experience in front of the camera. Hey, it’s probably not every day that you’re asked to be playful and passionately display affection in public. Yet, that’s really what it takes for divine results.
Yet, our couples somehow consistently connect like rock stars. What’s the secret you may ask?
First, we objectively prepare our couples better than anyone in the industry.
Our interests and yours are in perfect harmony since we both want to have fun and come up with award-winning photos. That’s why we will help you get organized and encourage you to practice your kissing even before you arrive in Paris.
Kissing homework? Yep, you’re now working with Kiss Me in Paris and bad kissing is entirely unacceptable.
Second, after hundreds of photo sessions each year, we’re quite adept at quickly breaking the ice with relative strangers. Our goal is to awaken the single biggest strength you share as a couple: chemistry.
Chemistry is about attraction, scent, comfort, passion, pheromones … the mysterious spark between two people. Above all you need to feel comfortable breathing on each other.
Don’t want to kiss in public? No problem.
Interestingly, kissing per se is not a requirement for great chemistry; but believable connection is. That’s why we recommend going all in and committing to connecting without distractions.
Laugh out loud, softly close your eyes, breathe on each other, and be playful.
Celebrate first … and the reason will follow. ~ Nik Juliani
We’ve also put together a fun 9-minute video for those among you who really want to cross the proverbial T’s and dot the i’s.
Step 3: the day of your Paris photo shoot
Congratulations! You’ve prepared well, and now it’s time for you and your loved one to simply relax and enjoy your time in Paris.
- check the weather forecast
- pack lightly and consider leaving precious items back at your hotel so you can focus on connecting with your partner, and not worry about your belongings
- ladies, bring a pair of comfortable shoes that you can easily slip into; be gentle on your feet as you move from one location to the next (it’s already too late once foot fatigue sets in)
- consider dressing in layers in case it’s chilly outside
- feel free to bring along your Pinterest inspiration board on your mobile device if you like (make sure it is accessible even without internet connection)
- aim to arrive at least 5-15 minutes before your scheduled starting time so you’re relaxed and ready to go
- speak up when you have great ideas or would like to spontaneously take advantage of unplanned locations
- bring the balance of your photo collection fee (typically 50%) along
- trust in the process—you’ve exercised judgement in hiring the right artist for you … so now let her work her magic
Step 4: after your Paris photo session—getting your photos
After your Paris photo shoot, you’ll presumably be on Cloud 9 … and anxious to see all your amazing photos.
We take great pride in our ability to process your photos quickly and deliver them safely anywhere in the world.
You’ll receive a link to your personal online gallery
Soon after your shoot (typically within 24-48 hours), you’ll receive a link to a personal online gallery with all photos from your shoot(s).
Our studio management will provide detailed instructions on how to select your favorite photos. And after you’ve chosen the photos you’d like us to edit and deliver to you, simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your photos will typically be edited and delivered to you in high-resolution and print-ready via digital download link within two weeks from the time you send us your selections.
Feel free to check out the video below to see how our photo delivery process works.
Fabulous printing solutions fulfilled around the globe
When you’re ready to order your prints and wall art (canvas, mounted, or framed) through Kiss Me in Paris, we are happy to accommodate pretty much any dimension, size, finish, frame and order quantity … and will fulfill your orders around the world.
We also offer a wide range of innovative and fun photo keepsakes, such as mugs, mouse pads, luggage tags, magnets, photo puzzles, photo stickers, aprons, playing cards, …
Best of all, you and your loved ones can use the same online gallery link to place your orders regardless of where you live.
What about luxury albums and other fine art printing solutions?
Looking for the finest album in the world? We use Queensberry and Cypress, arguably the most luxurious artisan bookmakers available. We also use America’s most prestigious photo lab for our high-end printing solutions, which are packaged with white gloves, and shipped to you ready for mounting.